Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's a Party in the USA

For me, one of the hardest things about running is the solitude. It's great for a while, but after a few miles I get bored. Really bored. I need something to distract me. Something to entertain me. I totally respect those runners who can run marathons with no ipod or no music. That's just not me. The music on my running list sets the tone for my run. I put a lot of time into picking the right songs and putting them in a particular order. Tonight, as I'm sitting on the couch preparing my running list for tomorrow's half marathon, it got me thinking about....

MY GUILTY PLEASURE RUNNING SONGS

1. "It's a Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus

2. "One Time" by Justin Bieber

3. "Shake It" by MetroStation

4. "It's a Beautiful Life" by Ace of Base

5. "Barbie Girl" by Aqua

6. "You Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer

7. "Dr. Jones" by Aqua


Yes, I know that this is somewhat embarrassing. But it is nowhere near as embarrassing as the songs my husband listens to on repeat during his runs. He listens to his music so loudly that I can clearly hear what song he's listening to through my own headphones. And most of the time, it's something by Miley Cyrus. He's a grown ass 27 year old man, and he loves sprinting (and dancing) to Miley Cyrus songs. He's not ashamed of it. And, neither am I. But, I am judging him for that!

Of course, I'm always looking to expand My Guilty Pleasure running list. So help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment