Monday, March 15, 2010

Peer Pressure

I don't know what's wrong with me, but over the past year, I've learned to LOVE running. One of my favorite times to run is Tuesday nights. I know that seems like an odd night for a favorite run, especially given the time pressures of the work week, but hear me out.

Every Tuesday night, "my husband" and I meet up with a running club for a 5k, free dinner, and couple pints. It's great! The best part about it is that there are people of all skill levels in the running club. There are walkers, joggers, and world class runners. There are runners with their dogs, runners with their kids, and runners in costumes. It's just a great time. And NO ONE cares how long it takes you to finish. No one cares how awkward you look when you run. No one cares if you look fat in your spandex.

But see, here's the problem. Since I started running with the club, I've been encouraging my friends to come out. So far, I've convinced about 11 friends to make it out. Yet, there's this one friend who refuses to come out because she's afraid people will judge her or mock her running. So instead of joining me for a nice run and a beer on a Tuesday night, she goes to the gym.... alone.

Well "Friend", now I'm judging you. I'm judging you for telling me you'll come out and run. You are now on two weeks notice. If you do not come run with me sometime in the next two weeks, I will post an embarrassing picture of you labeled with your full name. If you STILL don't run, the shame will be much worse! You know who you are. You have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment